I dug up this (not too) old Invodo post as we were researching a new video content marketing offering we’re working on with Mo Isern at Moped Productions. Click the link above for the full story, but here are some of the highlights.
- According to Internet Retailer, 52% of consumers say that watching product videos makes them more confident in their online purchase decisions. When a video is information-intensive, 66% of consumers will watch the video two or more times. (Internet Retailer, 2012)
- Mediapost reports that product videos play a key role in consumer purchase decisions, citing a9x increase in retail video views at the start of the 2011 holiday season. (MediaPost, 2012)
- More than three out of five consumers will spend at least two minutes watching a video that educates them about a product they plan to purchase, and 37% will watch three for more than three minutes. (MarketingCharts.com, 2012)
- Professionally produced video optimized for eCommerce outperforms user-generated video (UGC video) by 30%, delivering a 24.7% lift as compared with an 18.7% lift for the UGC video. (Comscore, 2012)
- Video traffic on mobile networks rose 10 percentage points over a one-year period and is now50% of on traffic on wireless networks. (ByteMobile, 2012)
There’s more, but it’s pretty easy to see that video offers engagement beyond just about anything else out there, and it’s a great way to increase conversions on your site. And considering that “76% of marketers plan to add video to their sites in 2012, making it a higher priority than Facebook, Twitter, and blog integration. (Social Media Examiner, April 2012)” if video isn’t in your plans, you’re falling behind the competition.
Tags: content marketing