Today, some interesting mobile marketing facts courtesy of MarketingProfs’ Mobile Marketing Virtual Conference, which was today.
- Mobile coupons generate 10 times the redemption rate of traditional coupons. (Though there is a novelty factor at work, and that advantage should slowly erode as mobile coupons become more widely used.)
- People now spend more time online using their mobile devices (phones and tablets) than using traditional computers.
- I’ll take this one with a grain of salt, but … 60SecondMarketer.com claims that their research indicates that when people leave home without their wallet, they keep going. When they leave without their mobile device, they go back to get it.
- Facebook’s daily active user base in the US is 78% mobile.
- And my favorite, which I’ll also raise a skeptical eyebrow for: of the 6.8 billion people on the planet, 4.0 billion own a mobile phone. 3.5 billion own a toothbrush.
Not sure whether that begs for a Hallelujah! Or a Halitosis!