Here are 10 questions to ask yourself before you begin a new online communications effort or make plans to overhaul an existing program. If you can’t answer these questions succinctly, you’re raising the bar for success unnecessarily.
Setting your goals, understanding your audience and getting an accurate assessment of the hurdles you’ll face before you begin makes it much easier to devise a plan that will work and will help you define how to measure success.
- What do you want your website / social media effort / SEO campaign to accomplish?
- What is your business/organization’s mission?
- What problems does your business/organization solve?
- Who do you solve these problems for?
- What sets your business/organization apart from competitors?
- Who are your potential customers / site visitors / friends / followers?
- What will your potential customers want to do on your site / on your Facebook page / with your Twitter feed info / etc.?
- What do you want potential customers / visitors to do on your site / on your Facebook page / with your Twitter feed info / etc.?
- Who will maintain the site’s content?
- What is your desired budget and launch date?